Current Size: 100%
Home Forward’s work is primarily funded through a combination of rental income from our housing communities and grants by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Home Forward’s two main funding sources for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2015 are $94 million in HUD subsidies and grants, which accounts for 73 percent of budgeted operating revenues, and $15 million in rental income, which accounts for 12 percent of operating revenues. For more details on our finances, you can view or download our current budget or annual reports below.
- Fiscal Year 2015 Budget
- Annual Financial Report for the Fiscal Year Ended 3/31/2013
- Annual Financial Report for the Fiscal Year Ended 3/31/2012
- Annual Financial Report for the Fiscal Year Ended 3/31/2011
- Annual Financial Report for the Fiscal Year Ended 3/31/2010
- Annual Financial Report for the Fiscal Year Ended 3/31/2009
Report to the Community
In early 2013 Home Forward published its first report to the community since changing its name in 2011. The report explains progress on major initiatives and the strategies the agency will pursue over the next several years. Click here to view or download the report.
Monthly Status Updates
Every month, Home Forward produces a central reporting tool called a Dashboard Report to provide a snapshot of the status and activity of each of the agency's programs. Items tracked in this report include number of property and voucher units, demographic information, waiting list numbers, financial performance, and activity in services and development projects. To view the latest Dashboard Report click here.
In 2012, Home Forward developed a Strategic Operations Plan to connect its high level goals with its key operations. The goals evolved from Framing the Future, an earlier planning process that involved hundreds of stakeholders in the community, including our residents.
The four goals of the Strategic Operations Plan are:
- We will deploy our resources more intentionally, focusing our priorities and aligning with other support services to have greater impact and serve more households.
- We will increase the number of housing units through preservation, development, and acquisition.
- We will strengthen our relationship with the people we serve by increasing mutual accountability and better connecting them to vital community services.
- We will increase our efficiency and embrace our new identity by transforming our organizational structure and culture.