Current Size: 100%
Home Forward has simplified the way we calculate rent levels for our public housing residents and Section 8 participants, to make it easier to understand, more equitable and less intrusive.
We also want to use the new rent method to provide greater stability, along with more supports and incentives for families to increase their incomes. We call these changes “rent reform.”
We first proposed our rent reform changes in our Year 13 Moving to Work Annual Plan, which was approved by our Board in December 2010 and by HUD in March 2011. We then worked internally to make sure all the correct systems were in place, and we communicated with our residents and participants who are affected by the changes. We started making those changes in April 2012.
In August 2013, we made changes to the program as a result of the federal funding cuts known as sequestration. You can learn more about sequestration's impact on Home Forward by clicking here.
For more details on rent reform, view or download the full report or the Quick Facts document below.
Rent Reform at Home Forward (Full Report in English)
- РЕФОРМА АРЕНДНОЙ ПЛАТЫ, ПРОВОДИМАЯ УПРАВЛЕНИем ЖИЛИЩНого ХОЗЯЙСТВа ПОРТЛАНДА (Russian)
- REFORMA DE ALQUILERES EN LA HOUSING AUTHORITY OF PORTLAND (Spanish)
- CẢI CÁCH CHẾ ĐỘ THUÊ NHÀ CỦA BAN QUẢN LÝ NHÀ Ở PORTLAND (Vietnamese)
To learn about our Rent Reform hardship policy, view or download the documents below:
- Hardship Request Form for Public Housing (English)
- Hardship Request Form for Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers (English)