Current Size: 100%
Home Forward has simplified the way we calculate rent levels for our public housing residents and Section 8 participants, to make it easier to understand, more equitable and less intrusive.
We also want to use the new rent method to provide greater stability, along with more supports and incentives for families to increase their incomes. We call these changes “rent reform.”
Our rent reform changes are included in our Year 13 Moving to Work Annual Plan, which was approved by our Board December 2010 and by HUD in March 2011. We then worked internally to make sure all the correct systems were in place, and we communicated with our residents and participants who are affected by the changes. We started making those changes in April 2012.
For more details, view or download the documents below. You may also call our Rent Reform Hotline at 503.802.8547.
- Rent Reform at Home Forward (Full Report in English)
- Quick Facts about Rent Reform at Home Forward (English)
- Backgrounder on Expiring Hardships (English)
- РЕФОРМА АРЕНДНОЙ ПЛАТЫ, ПРОВОДИМАЯ УПРАВЛЕНИем ЖИЛИЩНого ХОЗЯЙСТВа ПОРТЛАНДА (Russian)
- REFORMA DE ALQUILERES EN LA HOUSING AUTHORITY OF PORTLAND (Spanish)
- CẢI CÁCH CHẾ ĐỘ THUÊ NHÀ CỦA BAN QUẢN LÝ NHÀ Ở PORTLAND (Vietnamese)