If you live in one of the apartment communities we manage, this section of our website is just for you.
Home Forward strives to offer equal opportunity for everyone to use and enjoy our housing programs.
If you have a disability, you may be entitled to reasonable accommodation: a change to your apartment or procedure that will better allow you an equal opportunity to utilize our housing programs. For example, it might be reasonable to lower the cabinets for someone in a wheelchair, put grab bars in the bathroom for someone with a mobility impairment, or install a fire alarm that flashes for someone who has a hearing impairment. It might also be reasonable to allow a person with a mental disability to have rent payments made by a third party.
Any accommodation that we consider cannot result in an unreasonable financial or administrative burden for Home Forward or create a fundamental change to any Home Forward program.
Requests for reasonable accommodation should be submitted in writing. Please download our Request for Reasonable Accommodation form, or pick one up at any Home Forward office. If you need assistance completing the form, just ask a staff member for help. If necessary, we can provide someone to read or interpret the form for you.
- Home Forward considers each request for reasonable accommodation as a separate request. Each decision is made on a case-by-case basis as each person’s needs and circumstances are unique.
- Home Forward may suggest an alternative accommodation from the one you request. Our decision will be based on the proposed accommodation’s effectiveness in reducing the barriers to equal housing opportunity and on whether it involves a fundamental change to our housing programs or creates an undue financial or administrative burden.
- During the evaluation process, either you or Home Forward may request a meeting to discuss the requested accommodation. If you are unable to come to an office, the meeting may be held by telephone or in your apartment. You may have a friend or advocate with you at the meeting, and Home Forward will provide a reader or sign language interpreter if requested.
We are pledged to the letter and the spirit of the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity for all people. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtain housing. Home Forward will not discriminate against any person on grounds of race, color, religion, sex, handicap (disability), familial status, national origin, sexual orientation, source of income, age, or marital status.
- Phone: (503) 280-3742
- TTY: (503) 802-8554
- Fax: (503) 280-3766
- E-mail: ADA@homeforward.org
- U.S. mail: ADA/504 Coordinator, 1605 NE Broadway, Portland, OR 97213
If at anytime you feel your request is not being processed appropriately, you have the right to file a complaint with Home Forward’s ADA/504 Coordinator. In addition, you have a right to seek assistance from: