If you live in one of the apartment communities we manage, this section of our website is just for you.
- The resident must personally present the grievance to Home Forward within 14 days of the disputed action or inaction.
- In cases of eviction, the resident has 14 days from the date of the termination notice to present a grievance. The only exception is when there is a 24- hour non-remedy eviction.
Your property manager will schedule an informal conference with you. Within a reasonable time after the conference, Home Forward will give you a written summary of the conference discussion, including the proposed resolution.
If you are not satisfied with the results of the informal conference, you have the right to a hearing before an impartial hearing officer/panel. The exception is when there is a 24-hour non-remedy eviction. You must submit a written request for a hearing to the appropriate Home Forward office within seven days of receiving the summary of the informal conference. The hearing officer/panel will then schedule the hearing.
You have the right to:
- Examine any relevant Home Forward documents before the hearing.
- Be represented by counsel or another representative at the hearing.
- Have a private hearing, unless you request a public hearing.
- Present evidence and arguments.
The hearing officer/panel will prepare a written decision, with the reasons for the decision, after the hearing.